It is possible to import articles into Akti based on an Excel file. To do this, go to the Catalog module, click on and choose Import. Afterwards, follow the steps on the screen.
Some important elements to consider for the Excel file you want to import:
- Column headings: the first row in the file must contain column headings and these headings must be unique.
- Formulas: the file must not contain any formulas. So your prices must be values and not calculations.
- Empty columns and rows: Akti stops reading the file at the first empty column and row it encounters.
- Size of the file: there is no limit on the size of the file you can import but this does have an impact on the duration of the process. So remove columns in the file that you don't want to import.
- Required fields: the file you want to import must contain at least the following information:
- Product code: this must be unique.
- Internal name: description of the product
- Base price: the first sales price of the product
- VAT: the VAT percentage applicable to the product.
The import process in Akti happens in 3 steps that are shown on top.
1. Backup: we first backup your data before performing the import. That way we can always recover the data in case the import doesn't work correctly.
You select one of the three backup files and then click on Backup Data.
If your three backup files are already in use, you can always overwrite one of them. We recommend always overwriting the oldest backup.
2. Select the file: select the catalog file you want to import by clicking on Upload.
3. Match the fields from the Excel file to the fields in Akti: during the last step of the import, match the columns from the Excel file to the fields in Akti. Each line in the file will then create a new item in Akti as long as the item code is unique.
Once all columns are matched to a field in Akti, click on Import at the bottom of the page.