- When using or visiting any website belonging to the Akti.com domain (e.g. filling in contact forms, contact via e-mail, contact via telephone, newsletter subscription, chat, event registration, etc.)
- When using Akti products and/or services
- When interacting with Akti through certain marketing interactions (e.g. face-to-face meetings at exhibitions or offices, sales pitches, commercial gatherings, training sessions, social media interactions, events, etc.)
- When interacting with related (software) tools that rely on or connect with Akti
2. What is the purpose of processing?
Akti can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- for contract administration to execute, renew and/or manage a contract with you
- for providing Akti services (the Akti product, including the web application & the mobile application, support & training)
- for tracking purposes to improve our service
- for promotional purposes (lead generation, direct marketing)
- for event organization
- for sending newsletters
- for fraud and all kinds of illegal activity prevention
- for sending customer surveys
- for complying to all legal responsibilities
- for job applications
- for registering of visitors at Akti's office
3. To which persons may your Personal Data be disclosed?
Akti only shares your Personal Data with:
- Akti's employees and collaborators and its affiliates’ employees and collaborators
- third party technology providers from Akti (required for the correct functioning of the respective service of each third party technology provider, e.g. cloud hosting provider & data hosting)
- third party services for maintenance & support recipients
- other third parties to the extent Akti has good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to
- comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request
- protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury
- prevent fraud or abuse
In all other cases, Akti will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties without your consent and this third party has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
4. Is there export of the Personal Data outside of the EEA?
Akti only transfers personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if and when required by the third party service providers, Akti Partners, as required for each such party's specific task.
By any means, Akti ensures an adequate level of protection of your Personal Data.
5. What are the rights of the Akti Users?
Akti user have the right to do the following:
- withdraw at any time their previously given consent to the processing of their Personal Data
- object to processing of their Personal Data
- access their Personal Data and obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing
- verify and ask for rectification of their Personal Data
- restrict the processing of their Data
- have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed
To excise your rights and requests, sent an e-mail to email@example.com.
6. How long is your Personal Data kept?
Akti keeps your Personal Data as long as it is relevant for the purpose (see 2.), for the duration of any retention period that is required by law, or at the end of the period in which litigation or investigation might arise in respect of Akti's Website or Products and Services.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
7. What security measures does Akti use?
Akti stores your Personal Data in a secured database environment an only limited access is granted to your Personal Data to our own and third party workforce.
Technical and organisational measures are put into place to prevent deletion, corruption, loss or change of your Personal Data by purpose or by accident. Personal Data is also not longer stored then necessary.
8. What is our policy towards children?
Akti is not knowingly targeting children under the age of 13 year. If we become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data, Akti will take the necessary steps to have that Personal Data irrevocably removed.
9. What about Automated decision making?
Akti does not use the Personal Data you have provided hereunder for any automated decision-making processes or techniques which create or deny rights to you.
11. Does Akti store Payment Card information?
Akti uses an external payment processor and does not process or store any payment card information. Any payment card operations and information is controlled and processed directly and solely by a third party provider.
12. Who to contact for more information?
Additional information regarding your Personal Data stored an processed by Akti, can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Applicable Law & Court